In my search of the internet for informative paranormal related articles and theories, I’ve stumbled across several of these “you know you’re a ghost hunter when…” posts. Here is just a small list of my favorites plus a couple of my own thrown in. Check them out and see if you can add to the list. ;D
* You sleep with a camera on your nightstand…just in case.
* You are more afraid of the living than you are the dead.
* You talk to a brown out.
* You look at old/all pics for ghostly images.
* Most of the bookmarks on your favorites list is paranormal related.
* You take pictures of your reunion and ask any deceased relatives to join in.
* You have more recordings of EVP than you do of your favorite music.
* You’re the only one who takes a voice recorder to a funeral.
* You get pumped over “bad” pictures.
* Your coolest ghost pic is framed and hanging in the hallway with your family photos.
* You actually like old mental institutions and prisons.
*You don’t go anywhere without your voice recorder.
* 95% of the books in your bookcase are paranormal related.
* You want unseen things to touch you.
* You get a new camera and the first thing you do is take off the strap.
* You have a shoebox full of “dead” batteries.
* Your kid says they have an imaginary friend…and out come the cameras, voice recorders, camcorders, etc.
* Better than half of your friends on facebook are involved in the paranormal field.
*You’re watching a scary movie with your family and someone asks “Can ghosts really do that?” and you have an answer and an explanation.
* You agree with most of this list.
I admit it…I am guilty of quite a few of these 😉
Have you ever had the spirits mess with your recordings? Here’s what happened to me and my friends.
Within an ongoing investigation of a haunted apartment building, we had already captured picture, video and voice footage (I still have THIS evidence) and one night was uploading and archiving the nights work. We had two mics recording directly to two separate computers and were running two voice recorders. We save our files and archived everything on CD-R’s. We were each able to listen to the recordings once on each computer then they were gone from the hard drives. The CD-R discs were filled with an incredibly loud static that was impossible to remove. Efforts to re-upload to the computers were met with system crashes and eventual eraser of the voice recorders. Our evidence was useless. Now if it was only one computer or disc I’d say it could have been operator error or some bad glitch in the computer or a dud disc. But a laptop, a tower, 2 different brands of voice recorders and 2 different brands of CD-R’s.
Related to this I went and did research on this same location and ended up at the graveyard where the family plot was of the entities I suspected to be haunting the apartment building. All I had with me was my voice recorder, camera and my fiance. I had been taking several pictures and did a voice recording right in the family plot. Later when I uploaded all of this I found that there were chunks cleanly sliced out of the raw wav file. Bits of conversation and questions asked that me and my fiance definitely remember speaking. Now, I not only can’t find that file but the cemetary pics are gone as well.
I’m not sloppy in my research, in fact I am meticulous in archiving my work. I know where everything is and is supposed to be.
I’ve seen lots of people talking about changing evp and reverse evp but very, very little in the way of evidence coming up missing like this with no one to hold accountable but the ghosts themselves. It sounds as if it could have something to do with the electromagnetic field…when you think of erasures happening on electronic media you think of solid magnets but usually not of energy fields.
Please feel free to tell me about your experiences of this nature and any ideas you have on what is going on here.